looking for mailing list manager recommendations

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Mon Apr 19 23:49:56 UTC 2004

Jason Dixon <mailto:jason at dixongroup.net>
    on Monday, April 19, 2004 4:32 PM said:

> It helps to know what your requirements are.  I'm happy with Mailman
> on my Postfix server.  Requires a couple extra hoops for virtual
> domains, but works great.

oh how i always forget to list these things...!

i'd like: (and i think this might be pretty standard stuff, nothing
special)

1. to know how many email addresses are on the list
2. to maintain more than one list
3. to know when each email address was added
4. to know if an email address bounced during the last mass mailing (and
why if possible)
5. to have, for archival purposes, a copy of each mail that's been sent
to each list
6. for the recipients of each mass mail to not be aware of the other
members. in other words, i don't want a mail sent out with 1000 email
addresses all in the cc field! :)

this will not be a public list such as the one we are communicating
through right now. it's just meant as a place for a company to store and
manage their customer mailing list with the purpose of sending out
product notices and event announcements every once in a while.

thanks,
chris.