sendmail

Geoff Rainey (DSLAK) GeoffR at datacom.co.nz
Tue Apr 20 13:43:27 UTC 2004

I believe he might be trying to use sendmail to connect to his ISP's SMTP
server using dial-up.

You may be able to configure sendmail to relay all mail to your ISP's SMTP
server - though you will need to confirm that your ISP will allow relaying
from your host. Your email client can be configured to forward its mail to
sendmail (as described in previous message), which can then queue messages,
and then upon dialup, forward all messages to the ISP SMTP server. Each time
you dial-up, you can run a command such as "sendmail -q" (from within
/etc/ppp/ppp.linkup - I think) to process the queue of messages that it was
unable to forward to the SMTP server while you were disconnected.
I think this is how it can be done.

Regards,
Geoff.