Is SYSFS supported by kernel 2.4.26?

David Kramer dkramer at reflect.com
Thu Apr 22 19:56:32 UTC 2004

Im trying to install the IPW2100 driver for my built in WiFi NIC, in order
to do this I need to flash the NIC with some new Firmware.  Following the
instructions I have to setup the hotplugin for the firmware, and it requires
a directory /sys of type sysfs to be mounted.  I havent seen any
documentation stating if SYSFS isnt support by my kernel.  I roamed through
the File Systems Config Menu through Xconfig, but I didnt see anything that
mention a filesystem of SYS type.  I looked around the web for a kernel
patch, but couldnt find anything.  Im really stumped and dont want to
manually load the firmware.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

DK