Prevent log in as root

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Sun Apr 25 12:42:18 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 22:25, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:

> Ooops. Just saw that you don't want root logins at all, whether on
> console or X.
> And what I wrote about some minutes ago  only helps to prevent root
> logins to X, IIUC.
>
> Sorry.
>
> Wolfgang

I was just poking through Webmin / System / Users and Groups => and
noticed that you can tick "Disable login" for any of the users; could
THAT be a resolution to the issue? (Granted, you'd have to have Webmin
installed on the machine...and I haven't tested it on this box - but did
think it might apply here)

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company