Perl / Apache on RH9.0 not working.

IS Manager ismanager at ccbnpts.com
Mon Apr 26 17:44:37 UTC 2004

After a complete re-install of RH to v9.0 I can't get even the simplest
of perl scripts to work in Apache. If I set the bang to -w the script
will work but if it is not set then then I get this:
--------------------------------
Server error!
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your
request.
Error message:
Premature end of script headers: hello.cgi
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
Error 500
[site url]
Mon 26 Apr 2004 12:36:41 PM CDT
Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)
---------------------------------

The script in question is this:
--------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/perl
#
print <<EOP;

<head>
	<title>Hello World!</title>
</head>
EOP
--------------------------------

Can't get any simpler than that. So anyone know what's wrong? This is
the first time I"ve used Apache 2.0 so I'm not sure if this is an Apache
or a Perl issue.

Here is the mod_perl info from the server:
---------------------------------
Module Name: mod_perl.c
Content handlers: yes
Configuration Phase Participation: Create Directory Config, Merge
Directory Configs, Create Server Config, Merge Server Configs
Request Phase Participation: Post-Read Request, Header Parse, Translate
Path, Check Access, Verify User ID, Verify User Access, Check Type,
Fixups, Logging
Module Directives:
PerlSwitches - Perl Switches
PerlModule - PerlModule
PerlRequire - PerlRequire
PerlOptions - Perl Options
PerlInitHandler - Subroutine name
PerlSetVar - PerlSetVar
PerlAddVar - PerlAddVar
PerlSetEnv - PerlSetEnv
PerlPassEnv - PerlPassEnv
<Perl - NOT YET IMPLEMENTED
=pod - Start of POD
=back - End of =over
=cut - End of POD
__END__ - Stop reading config
PerlLoadModule - A Perl module
PerlInterpStart - Number of Perl interpreters to start
PerlInterpMax - Max number of running Perl interpreters
PerlInterpMaxSpare - Max number of spare Perl interpreters
PerlInterpMinSpare - Min number of spare Perl interpreters
PerlInterpMaxRequests - Max number of requests per Perl interpreters
PerlInterpScope - Scope of a Perl interpreter
PerlSendHeader - Tell mod_perl to scan output for HTTP headers
PerlSetupEnv - Turn setup of %ENV On or Off
PerlHandler - Subroutine name
PerlTaintCheck - Turn on -T switch
PerlWarn - Turn on -w switch
PerlProcessConnectionHandler - Subroutine name
PerlChildInitHandler - Subroutine name
PerlPreConnectionHandler - Subroutine name
PerlHeaderParserHandler - Subroutine name
PerlAccessHandler - Subroutine name
PerlAuthenHandler - Subroutine name
PerlAuthzHandler - Subroutine name
PerlTypeHandler - Subroutine name
PerlFixupHandler - Subroutine name
PerlResponseHandler - Subroutine name
PerlLogHandler - Subroutine name
PerlInputFilterHandler - Subroutine name
PerlOutputFilterHandler - Subroutine name
PerlPostReadRequestHandler - Subroutine name
PerlTransHandler - Subroutine name
PerlOpenLogsHandler - Subroutine name
PerlPostConfigHandler - Subroutine name
Current Configuration: