Perl / Apache on RH9.0 not working.

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Mon Apr 26 18:14:22 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 03:44, IS Manager wrote:
> After a complete re-install of RH to v9.0 I can't get even the simplest
> of perl scripts to work in Apache. If I set the bang to -w the script
> will work but if it is not set then then I get this:
> --------------------------------

<WHACK>

> Any help would be welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Paul Pettit

How about running a script like this to update all your modules that are
possibly outdated...(as root, of course)

# install everything that is outdated on my disk:
    perl -MCPAN -e 'CPAN::Shell->install(CPAN::Shell->r)'

    # install my favorite programs if necessary:
    for $mod (qw(Net::FTP Digest::MD5 Data::Dumper))
    {
        my $obj = CPAN::Shell->expand('Module',$mod);
        $obj->install;
    }

    # list all modules on my disk that have no VERSION number
    for $mod (CPAN::Shell->expand("Module","/./"))
    {
        next unless $mod->inst_file;
        # MakeMaker convention for undefined $VERSION:
        next unless $mod->inst_version eq "undef";
        print "No VERSION in ", $mod->id, "\n";
    }

    # find out which distribution on CPAN contains a module:
    print CPAN::Shell->expand("Module","Apache::Constants")->cpan_file

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
A recent study has found that concentrating on difficult off-screen
objects, such as the faces of loved ones, causes eye strain in computer
scientists. Researchers into the phenomenon cite the added concentration
needed to "make sense" of such unnatural three dimensional objects.