hp 950c

Bjørn-Sverre Nøttum bsnottum at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 10:51:28 UTC 2004

Hallo!

I have a hp 950c deskjet printer installed on a rh 9 server via webmin. I am
running this server in a win-environment, and I want to share this printer
to the win clients via samba. I have done what I describe above with a
brother hl 1240, and this works just fine.

The hp 950c does not work however. I am able to print a tespage from webmin,
but when I try to print from a win client nothing happens.

In order to get the other printer to work I added the following to smb.conf:
        path = /var/spool/samba
        browseable = no
        guest ok = yes
        writable = no
        printable = yes
        create mode = 0700
        print command = lpr -P %p -o raw %s -r
        lpq command = lpstat -o %p
        lprm command = cancel %p-%j

Do I have to add other parameters for the hp 950c????

Thanks!

Bjørn-Sverre