Installing RHEL v3 WS on an Athlon 3400+ <MORE problems>

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Apr 27 14:48:20 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 19:19, Cannon, Andrew wrote:
> Fred,
>
> I'm trying to get the nVidia drivers installed. The installer fails when it
> looks for the kernel header files. From what I've seen on the web, the
> header files are called nvidia.o or .h neither of which are on my system. I
> also can't use the nv driver in XFree. I've really hit a brick wall and I
> don't see a way out of it. I even uninstalled and installed the
> kernel-source rpm but this didn't help.
>
> Any ideas?

It sounds as if you are trying to do is install the drivers supplied by
nvidia corporation.  That is, you have the latest driver package which
is "NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run".  And when you type:

sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run

you are getting an error.

Maybe you could post the exact error message.  I've installed this on a
few systems without trouble.

--
"An opinion is like an asshole - everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan, The Dead Pool - 1988.