Installing RHEL v3 WS on an Athlon 3400+ <MORE problems>

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Apr 27 14:53:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 17:27, Cannon, Andrew wrote:
> Okay, I'm now in X and I've got the nice RHEL bluecurve screen working. I've
> uninstalled and reinstalled the kernel-source rpm and still there is no
> nvidia.h kernel header. Any ideas where I can get one from?
>
> Andy
>
> P.S. It is the default 2.4.21-4-EL kernel.

It sounds as if you are trying to do is install the drivers supplied by
nvidia corporation.  That is, you have the latest driver package which
is "NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run".  And when you type:

sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run

you are getting an error.

Maybe you could post the exact error message.  I've installed this on a
few systems without trouble.

Oh, and maybe you can try to stick to a single list for this issue.  :-)

--
"An opinion is like an asshole - everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan, The Dead Pool - 1988.