FTP

María José Reartes mjreartes at innsa.com
Tue Apr 27 17:14:24 UTC 2004

Hi everybody!

I’m trying to use ftp from a Windows PC to maintain a Web Site hosted by
a Linux PC. I have port 21 listening, ready to receive transfers.. but,
when I’m trying to login to ftp and transfer the files and directories
to a specific directory on host (/var/www/html), I receive a “Login
incorrect” message.
I’d looked into the “ftpusers” file and I added my user name (which I’m
using for the ftp connection), but didn’t work.
Does anyone know which is the users/passwords file used to allow/deny
access and where I can find it?
Or, Am I doing something wrong and there’s some other configuration
needed?

Regards, MaJo