Sendmail.cf question

Cowles, Steve steve at stevecowles.com
Wed Apr 28 16:58:18 UTC 2004

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>     When m4 regenerates my sendmail.cf file, the first part of the
> file is filled with large gaps in it.  Is there some way to avoid
> this and tidy it up a bit?  Here's a sample of what I get:

[snip...]

Not that I'm aware of. Each entry is added by a VERSIONID string in the
corresponding .m4 file (for example, the virtusertable.m4)

divert(0)
VERSIONID(`$Id: virtusertable.m4,v 8.21 2001/03/16 00:51:26 gshapiro Exp $')
divert(-1)

Best I can tell, the blank lines are inserted by includes within the m4
files that do not contain a VERSIONID string.

Checkout all the m4 files located in the /usr/share/sendmail-cf/...
directories. In particular, the "feature" directory.

Steve Cowles