Using PAM for additional SSH/Console authentication

Yagi Angrypants ozlow777 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 20:29:43 UTC 2004

A while ago I had configured an RH box so that ssh
users had to have their account names entered into a
text file (in addition to the "usual" requirements) in
order to be able to ssh into a machine.

I can't remember how to do this now.  I'd like to
configure a box I have now so that ssh and console
users need to have their accounts specificially
entered into additional text files to permit such
access.  Can someone point me to a good link that
discusses modifying the PAM configuration to
accomplish this?

Thanks