shockwave

Jurvis LaSalle lasalle at bard.edu
Wed Apr 28 21:17:24 UTC 2004

On Apr 28, 2004, at 4:43 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:

>> While using mozilla on RedHat ES 3.0 I can't see any image which needs
>> shockwave-flash. How can add this plugin ?? Does it comes with RedHat
>> distro or I have to download it from somewhere ??
>> Appreciate your help...
>
> RPM packages (or tarball) for various distributions here:
>
>   http://macromedia.mplug.org/

Imagine my surprise to see this on the list the very day that I wrote
an expect script to install the flash player in the %post section of my
kickstart file.  However, these rpm's are interactive and unsuitable
for such a purpose, so it was not energy wasted.  If anyone has links
to non-interactive rpms, I would be most interested.  Otherwise, lazy
linux lab admins can modify and make use of my expect script to
automate some work- http://turing.bard.edu/~lasalle/flashinstall.expect
.  Just download the flash tarball and modify the spawn line
appropriately.  Enjoy!

hth,
Jurvis LaSalle