sendmail without using isp

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Apr 29 03:05:05 UTC 2004

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 01:32:52AM +0200, adel.essafi wrote:
> is it possible to configure sendmail to deliver mails without
> passsing by isp. the problem is that our isp does not allow
> sending mail from yahoo adresses (for example).
> regards

One thing to watch for is that many receiving mailers will reject mail
from dynamic addresses.  This includes all yahoo, msn, and aol addresses
(I think).  So although you may technically send e-mail directly from
your server, there's a good chance that your recipient may never get it.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org