Adding Modules to install

Tobias Speckbacher tobias at quova.com
Thu Apr 29 16:44:44 UTC 2004

Copied and pasted from the Kickstart-list.
Although it does not 100% match your case it describes the methodology
of adding drivers to the boot image.

-Tobias

<paste>
On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 02:27:02PM -0500, Rebecca.R.Hepper at seagate.com
wrote:
> I am using RH 9.  If I do a 'dd' to copy the bootdisk.img to my USB
> flash drive, I can kickstart a system successfully.  I want to
> kickstart additional systems that require modules not available in the

> bootdisk.img although they are available in the drvnet.img.  Is there
> a way to get both the bootdisk.img and drvnet.img on one USB flash
> drive so I don't have to utilize a separate driver disk?  Or is there
> a way to increase whatever size limit is on the image file so I can
> add all the modules I need to the bootdisk.img then copy it to the USB

> flash drive?

I posted some instructions a while back on how to move drivers from the
drivenet.img into the bootnet.img, they predated RH 9, but the process
hasn't changed that much...

https://listman.redhat.com/archives/kickstart-list/2003-March/msg00211.h
tml

</paste>