rebuilding accounts

Ryan Golhar ryangolhar at verizon.net
Thu Apr 29 21:17:04 UTC 2004

Try escaping the quotes with backslashes.  I have a script that does
something similar....it first checks to make sure the user is a valid
university account....here's my code.  It also prompts the user to enter
a password (in a bash shell script):

        print "Adding user $username...\n";
        `/usr/sbin/useradd "$username" -g users -c \"$realname\"`;
        `passwd $username`;

-----
Ryan Golhar
Computational Biologist
The Informatics Institute at
The University of Medicine & Dentistry of NJ

Phone: 973-972-5034
Fax: 973-972-7412
Email: golharam at umdnj.edu