bcm5700 and basp

JSquire at certus.co.nz JSquire at certus.co.nz
Fri Apr 30 04:35:13 UTC 2004

Hi,

Still a bit of a newbie ....

I am trying to install BASP on an IBM HS20 Blade running RHEL ES 2.1 which
requires the bcm5700 driver.

Firstly, when running "rpm -bb SPEC/basplnx.spec" from /usr/src/redhat/ I
get "SPEC/basplnx.spec: No such file or directory". Is this because the
wrong drivers are installed? lsmod shows tg3 - not bcm5700.

Secondly, TG3 and bcm5700 comes with RHEL ES 2.1. I can rmmod tg3 but when
I insmod bcm5700 I get:
"/lib/modules/2.4.9-e.24/kernel/drivers/addon/bcm5700/bcm5700.o:
init_module : No such device" - and yes I have double checked the Broadcom
NIC's are installed ......  ;o)

I only have the base OS installed - no updates/patches yet (we do plan on
patching the OS later). I have seen some threads in this list about
creating a boot.img with bcm5700 for Redhat 9 but seeing that it comes
with the RHEL ES base and that it is allready installed assume this
approach is redundant.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.