unable to login as user

Mansoor, Huma h.mansoor at vla.defra.gsi.gov.uk
Fri Apr 30 12:30:57 UTC 2004

Hi

I'm new to working on linux and have just got a Redhat Enterprise Linux 3
WS. Tha installation process went fine and I created both a root account and
a user account. Today as I tried to login as user and typed in username and
password, the system just seems to hang and then go back to the username
screen again. I can't understand what the problem is... can anyone please
help??

Thanks in advance

Huma

SEB Department
Veterinary Laboratories Agency
Woodham Lane, New Haw
Addlestone
Surrey
KT15 3NB
Tel:  +44 1932 357 860
Fax: +44 1932 359 448

Veterinary Laboratories Agency (VLA)

This email and any attachments is intended for the named recipient only. Its
unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted. If you have
received it in error, please destroy all copies and inform the sender. Whilst this
email and associated attachments will have been checked for known viruses
whilst within VLA systems we can accept no responsibility once it has left our
systems. Communications on VLA's computer systems may be monitored
and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other
lawful purposes.