squid problems with Fedora

Bob Gorman bob at rsi.com
Fri Apr 30 12:58:03 UTC 2004

At 09:41 AM 4/9/2004, Harry wrote:
>I referred the cache.log and this is the output, I have configured Squid at several occasions but never faced this error. It clearly talks abt an error in a file, any help will be appreciated.
>
>2004/04/08 20:26:30| errorTryLoadText: '/usr/share/squid/errors/ERR_READ_TIMEOUT
>': (2) No such file or directory
>2004/04/08 20:26:30| errorTryLoadText: '/usr/local/squid/etc/errors/ERR_READ_TIM
>EOUT': (2) No such file or directory
>FATAL: failed to find or read error text file.

I ran into this once before.  I think it was a file/directory permissions problem.

Find where the actual error text files are in the file system.  Could be /usr/share/squid/errors or /usr/lib/squid/errors.  Make sure that squid has permissions to list and read the files there.  Also, check the symbolic link ( /etc/squid/errors) and make sure it is linked to the directory where the actual error text files live.

--

I provide Linux business solutions in the Boston area.
mailto:bob(at)rsi.com, http://www.rsi.com/, 617.965.1700