rebuilding accounts

Alexey Fadyushin fab at s-tunnel.com
Fri Apr 30 16:05:23 UTC 2004

The -p option of 'useradd' requires an _encryprted_ password as its
argument.
As I can see from your message, you want to set the user's password
equal to his login.
I recommend you set password separately, using the 'passwd' command.
For example:

for i in `cat /tmp/lusers.txt' ; do
	useradd -d /opt/home/$i -g users -M -s /bin/bash $i
	echo $i | passwd --stdin $i
done

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux