Setting up RAID1 Post-install

kenwardc kenwardc at tgis.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 16:54:13 UTC 2004

Hi there

I just had exactly this problem. I set up Redhat on a new server,
installed all the packages I wanted to use, then decided that I wanted
RAID. Put in the controller and DISASTER - it wouldn't work.

The only way to do this, unless someone out there knows better, is to
install the OS again, with the RAID controller in the hardware, then
copy your original setup, excluding the dirs that hold the kernel
etc., onto your new disk.

I did it this way and it took me all of an hour to get the system back
to exactly the way I wanted it. Brilliant and it all worked fine.

Regards
Chris