up2date and kernel source

Peter Ison pison at martlets.co.uk
Sun Aug 15 17:44:36 UTC 2004

I am using kernel 2.4.21-15.0.4.EL. When I try to download the kernel
source kernel-source-2.4.21-15.0.4.EL through red hat network, I get the
error "Failed: some of the packages specified were on a skip list". I
take it this refers to the setting in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date to skip
any packages beginning with "kernel" i.e. "pkgSkipList=kernel*". That is
a generated file which should not be edited.

I see there is a package kernel-2.4.21-15.0.4.EL.src.rpm downloadable
from http://updates.redhat.com/enterprise/3ES/en/os/SRPMS/

Could anyone tell me if the content of these two packages are the same,
and the correct procedure for downloading the kernel source.

Peter Ison