FW: Red Hat User Survey

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Tue Aug 17 00:58:48 UTC 2004

On Monday 16 August 2004 18:47, Ryan Golhar wrote:
<snip>
> I clicked on it (probably a mistake), and it did not go to redhat.com,
> or had anything to do with a redhat site.

I don't even bother to click the link. I looked at the email header and it
doesn't look anything from Redhat, so I ignore it, to reduce the chance that
I got spam even further.

> This sounds like the spam for Microsoft Security Updates that went out
> awhile ago...I just don't know how they got my work and home email
> address...

They could have gotten the email address just by monitoring this list. That's
why I never use my personal email address for any mailing list. I created
special account for that. When the spam for that address becomes unbearable,
I just create a whitelist: only email comes from the list server is accepted.
So far it hasn't been that bad. That way I manage to keep my work/personal
email address clean from spam. Basically, my rule of thumb, if my email
address ever shows in a search engine, it'll get spam.

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Dept. Physics and Astronomy