Switching SMTP "on"

kenwardc kenwardc at tgis.co.uk
Tue Aug 24 13:52:53 UTC 2004

Hi Steve

Another development...  trying to eliminate the firewall as the
problem...

I have some 40 other servers all behind the firewall, including the
offending postfix server. If I go to one of the TRUSTED servers and
try to telnet to the postfix server on port 25 I get an immediate
"connection refused". This must mean it's NOT the firewall that's the
problem but rather something in the setup on the postfix server.

Any other ideas folks? ;) I'm about to chuck it out and <gasp> put in
a Windows server in its place! <chuckle> Only kidding!!

Regards
Chris