GNOME Login Problem

Oliver Aaltonen aaltonen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 17:46:27 UTC 2004

Using RHEL3's defaults.

[guest at ibmlnx21 guest]$ cat .bashrc
# .bashrc

# User specific aliases and functions

# Source global definitions
if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
        . /etc/bashrc
fi
[guest at ibmlnx21 guest]$ cat .bash_profile
# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
        . ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin

export PATH
unset USERNAME
[guest at ibmlnx21 guest]$ echo $PATH
/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/guest/bin

Oliver