Postfix error

Steve Cowles steve at stevecowles.com
Fri Aug 27 15:58:56 UTC 2004

kenwardc wrote:

> Basically the way it appears to work is as follows:
>
> Mail comes in to server

Is the inbound e-mail submitted through hivemail (like through a web
interface) or is postfix piping an inbound e-mail to hivemail?

> Postfix, somehow, (through the "luser" command?) knows that it should
> submit the message to the "catch-all" on the server, an executable
> file called hivemail_process.php

luser? I see luser_relay in main.cf.

Have you read the chapter about using luser_relay at:
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html

Especially the parameters that override luser_relay.

> That script then checks with the MySQL database whether the user is
> valid and either writes the message to the dbase or rejects the
> message.

So what is this script checking? envelope recipient or header recipient.
If so, how is postfix passing these parameters?

> More I can't tell you all. That's about as much as I know.

Have you tried turning on debugging in postfix? See:

http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html

Also, are you possibly running postfix in a chroot'd environment? The
debug_readme talks about howto enable/disable this.

Steve Cowles