Domino on Linux problem

wasif at emmaculate.com wasif at emmaculate.com
Mon Aug 30 06:44:43 UTC 2004

hi there
We are trying to insatll Domino 6.5.1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3. When we first tried to install the Domino server installation worked just fine but after the message "Configuring the server" we received an error saying that DISPLAY variable needed to b set in order to unlock terminal. Value of Display variable was 1.0 at that time. After changing the value of display variable to 0.0 the installtion part still works but after giving a warning simply hangs as in there is no error but the configuration process doesnt start either.

One more thing though i dont know if it is related or not as im a newbie to Linux. When we start the Linux machine it starts in text mode and we switch to GUi mode thru "Startx" command. When the terminal is loaded we receive an  error saying something like "Fatal server error: Server is laredy running for display 0"

Any help wil be greatly appreciated
Wardah