access my computer remotely?

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Wed Aug 4 11:19:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, alan wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Stephen W wrote:
>
> > Ok
> >
> > I have comcast cable connection.
> >
> > Does that mean that if I leave the house and go to my
> > office I cannot remorely access my home computer?
> >
> > How?
> >
> > How do I find out my address and connect to it?
>
> Call your wife and ask her to run ipconfig?

Which would work, wonderfully, Alan, if he was running a windows box.

However, in this case, Stephen, you want to run "ifconfig" or "ip addr"
and note the "inet" address.

What you didn't note, however, was how you wished to access your box.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit