access my computer remotely? (& ipconfig)

Anoop Bhat abhat at interpublic.com
Wed Aug 4 14:32:34 UTC 2004

Well,

I recommend using dyndns, with comcast, i'm not certain how often the ip
changes but you could find a way to update the dyndns server via dyndns
client which is available on their site or atleast a link is.

Also, I recommend using SSH as opposed to using VNC, as nice as VNC is, I'm
not sure what security vulnerabilities come with it. I would recommend
learning how to export X or use the X forwarding feature of X. Also, it
seems you're rather new to linux so I'd read up on securing it so that it
isn't some hackers playground.

cheers

-A