Attempted SSH Logins (from Fedora thread)

Eucke Warren euckew at sierraelectronics.com
Wed Aug 4 19:45:20 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff" <jeff at virgin.net>
To: <redhat-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 12:31 PM
Subject: Re: Attempted SSH Logins (from Fedora thread)

> I think this guy has been going a bit mad...all of my linux boxes show
failed login attempts from this IP.

> My solution: blacklist 'em on the firewalls ;P

I have had the same activity.  As a courtesy, I fired off an Email to the
responsible parties of record.  I am hopeful that I will receive a response
but I doubt it will happen.  Yeah...blocking the IP's seem to me to be the
only recourse.  Even had one of these trolls trying a gethostbyname buffer
overflow exploit...sigh...

-Eucke