combo wireless and wired home network

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Fri Aug 6 12:21:23 UTC 2004

"Cowles, Steve" <steve at stevecowles.com> writes:

> With both options, you would still need to buy the Wireless NIC card for the
> computer/laptop in the garage.

Thanks for the input.  One thing I'd like to establish before buying
anything is how the WAP or dual type router you mention is accessed.

The Java/browser interface seems to be the main thing out there.  I'd
like a straight telnet or ssh text based config if possible.

My current NETGEAR FVP318 is pain in the butt to do with java.

Do you know of any dual style routers with text based interface?