combo wireless and wired home network

Cowles, Steve steve at stevecowles.com
Fri Aug 6 19:33:39 UTC 2004

Harry Putnam wrote:
> Bill McCormick <wpmccormick at sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
>>> like a straight telnet or ssh text based config if possible.
>>> My current NETGEAR FVP318 is pain in the butt to do with java.
>>> Do you know of any dual style routers with text based interface?
>>>
>> Netopia, Zyxel
>
> Bill, can you describe how a config might work for either or both.
>
> Can one simply telnet/ssh in and edit a text file then reboot.
> Or maybe export a text file.  Edit then import.  For example, could
> one have several configs on another machine that could be easily
> imported and started?

Pardon my interuption, but I'd be willing to bet that all the major WAP
manufacturer's publish their User Manual's online in PDF format. With this
in mind, take a look at the different WAP manufacturer's user manuals
configuration capabilities an see if they meet your requirements. I can only
speak for LinkSys - which only uses a web interface for configuration.

Steve Cowles