dynamic DNS and /etc/hosts

Thomas E. Dukes edukes at alltel.net
Sun Aug 8 01:19:42 UTC 2004

> yeah I provide DNS for My own zone.
>
> okay I see that you need to have the /etc/hosts entry for the
> IP address for
> the interface for the internal network.   that will work it
> appears.  I was
> removing the entry for the interface for the interface facing
> my internet service provider.  if that makes any sense?

Noah,

I'm not real sure what you're doing or what you want to do.  Are trying to
setup DNS for your site? If you're trying to set up dynamic DNS to run on
your system as a service to allow other people to use you as their DNS
provider, I seriously doubt I can help you.

If you are trying to get setup dynamic DNS because you don't have a static
IP address, I might be able to help you.  I am only familiar with dyndns.org
and using ddclient to keep my IP address updated. (I don't have a static IP
address)