channel bonding basp + bcm5700 with RHEL 3.0 (buggy)

Anand S Bisen vmlinuz at abisen.com
Sun Aug 8 07:46:57 UTC 2004

After working for long hours i got channel bonding on my IBM HS20 blades on
a bladecenter working with RHEL 3.0. I tried the same with tg3 driver
earlier but with little success. Setting up basp team and bcm5700 driver was
a breeze. but now once it is set i have noticed something that my load
average all three after rebooting comes to 1.0 1.0 1.0 and then they stay
there. My dual processor based HS20's are still responsive i dont see any
processes running but the load seems to stay at and when i execute a CPU
intensive job they go up and then again come back at 1.0.

If i bring back the teaming driver (stop it) everything works fine, so i
guess it's not an issue with the bcm5700 driver but it's got something to do
with teaming driver or basp. If somebody can tell me what i might be doing
wrong or missing it would be a great help. These are the two similar
problems i found of the net...

http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2003-January/022974.html

http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2004-April/019421.html

But i could not find a reply to any one of them.

Thanks

Anand