MYSQL installed on RH9

Thomas E. Dukes edukes at alltel.net
Sun Aug 8 13:01:20 UTC 2004

> Subject: MYSQL installed on RH9
>
> Hi,
> My Red Hat 9 machine had MYSQL installed during installation,
> and a forum I want to install for my website is asking for a
> Database Name, along with username and password (see
> http://pectabyte.dyndns.org:8080/forum/install/install.php)
> as this is the forum I want to install. Anyways, can anybody
> point me in the right directory for what I have to do? I've
> searched the MYSQL docs and cannot find anything to do with that.
Ben,

The easiest thing to do is use phpMyAdmin to create your database. Name it
anything you want such as the name of your forum or just create a database
named "forum" or "phpbbs".

Then finish the form for the installation.  For username, you can use "root"
or create a user "phpbbs" and assign it a password with phpMyAdmin.