recognizing external USB drive during install

Julian Opificius julianop at barnlea.com
Mon Aug 9 14:39:45 UTC 2004

I'm trying to install RH9 on an external USB drive connected to my
laptop - the IOMEG 120MB HDD - using Martyn Honeyford's instructions.
Appropriate modules seem to load (usb-uhci, usb-storage) , according to
lsmod, I see the "loading USB storage driver" message, and I see the
drive light blip once as anaconda runs, yet I can't access the drive to
partition it. I've had no better luck with FC1. Running disk druid does
not show the drive.

This is a new area of Linux for me. Can anyone shed some light on this,
please?

Thanks in advance.
--
Julian.