ANSI Color with Xterm and SecureCRT

Mike Vanecek rh_list at mm-vanecek.cc
Wed Aug 11 19:40:17 UTC 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:42:19 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote
GNOME.

> Sorry, I didn't save the original post....
>
> Without restating that with SecureCRT you can't really be running an
> xterm and thus can use the "features" that a real xterm will use....
>
> Now, you want to change your colors.  Here is where the "help" of
> SecureCRT comes in handy....
>
> Go to "Options-->Global Options-->Appearance-->ANSI Color".  Under
> "Normal colors" pick the left most box (black) and click on it.  Pick
> White.  Then go back and click the right most box (grey/gray) and
> Pick Black.
>
> You are done....

Yes and no. It does indeed change the default display at the command line to
be black on white. However an application that sends a display code to
display white now displays black and one that sends a display code to display
black now displays white. Changing the color definition of white to black and
vice versa just mucks up the other applications since they expect black to be
black, not white.

Hence, what I need to know is how to send the codes from the xterm terminal
session to tell the display to use white as bg and black as fg as the default
system display scheme.

I have exchanged several emails with the SecureCRT folks as well. They have
not been able to suggest anything that works.