uninstalling old mozilla version

Jack Byers byersj at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 18:33:09 UTC 2004

Jack Byers     byersj at hotmail.com
running rh8.0

i am in middle of trying to upgrade or rather fresh install of mozilla 1.7
the instructions on moz site look complete    and download of the installer
is easy

but they say to  uninstall old version before doing any new install

and they refer to moz1.5 faq:
Uninstallation

    * Remove the mozilla1.5 directory where you installed Mozilla
    * Remove the ~/.mozilla directory, which contains profile information

the 2nd line is obvious
but in first line what constitutes the 'directory where you installed
mozilla' ?
  I didnt do the old moz install, and it is a really ancient version   moz
1.0.1

which, doing a locate  gives me  many dirs  scattered  in various places:
/var/lib/menu/kde/Applications/Extras/Internet/mozilla-mail.desktop

/root/.mozilla
gobs

/usr/bin/mozilla
/usr/bin/kmozilla
/usr/bin/mozilla-config

/usr/lib/pkgconfig/mozilla-gtkmozembed.pc
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/mozilla-js.pc
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/mozilla-nspr.pc
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/mozilla-nss.pc
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/mozilla-xpcom.pc
/usr/lib/mozilla-1.0.1
gobs

/usr/lib/libkmozillapart.la
/usr/lib/libkmozillapart.so.0
/usr/lib/libkmozillapart.so
/usr/lib/libkmozillapart.so.0.0.0

/usr/lib/mozilla
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/plugger.so

/usr/share/man/man1/mozilla.1.gz
/usr/share/pixmaps/mozilla-icon.png
/usr/share/pixmaps/mozilla-compose-icon.gif
/usr/share/pixmaps/mozilla-mail-icon.gif
/usr/share/applications/mozilla-mail.desktop
/usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/16x16/apps/mozilla-icon.png
many .png

/usr/share/idl/mozilla-1.0.1
gobs

/usr/share/services/kmozilla.desktop
/usr/share/anaconda/pixmaps/rnotes/de/04-rhl8-install_art-mozilla.png
/usr/share/anaconda/pixmaps/rnotes/es/04-rhl8-install_art-mozilla.png
/usr/share/anaconda/pixmaps/rnotes/fr/04-rhl8-install_art-mozilla.png
/usr/share/anaconda/pixmaps/rnotes/it/04-rhl8-install_art-mozilla.png
/usr/share/anaconda/pixmaps/rnotes/04-rhl8-install_art-mozilla.png

/usr/include/mozilla-1.0.1
  gobs

/home/byers/.mozilla
gobs