Gnome HTML Editor Help needed

Vidiot brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com
Mon Aug 16 05:51:51 UTC 2004

I'm attempting to get Fedora Core 2 up and running on a new box, but have
hit some stumbling blocks, one of which is that "find" in any of the Gnome
Help areas doesn't "find" anything.  For example, click on Help, after clicking
on the red hat.  I select find and enter "html" as the text to find and
click on next.  Nothing, nada.

What I was trying to find is the application to run in order to edit HTML
files, since the application I used to run under RedHat 7, asWedit, will no
longer run under Fedora Core 2, no matter what I load in the way of old
libraries.

When installing Fedora Core 2, I told it to load HTML editor support.

What I found while searching the system was:

	gnome-gtkhtml-editor-1.1

While I can get it to spit out help in the terminal with --help, just
running the program without any options results in it hanging and doing
nothing.  No GUI, no nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong, or if I even starting the right
program?

The Gnome help was no help in finding the HMTL editor application.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot at vidiot.com                                /~\ The ASCII
                                                         \ / Ribbon Campaign