vsftpd install on RH EL WS 3 (AMD64)

MKlinke mklinke at axsi.com
Tue Aug 17 15:57:12 UTC 2004

On Monday 16 August 2004 09:11, you wrote:

> > One thing you might try is to place a single period as the last
> > line when you write the message.  Many mail servers will consider
> > that as instruction meaning "end of message"; i.e. ".<enter>"
>
> Really? It should be a transparent feature of the mail transfer
> protocol, so the user can put a single period on a line and not see
> the rest of the text be deleted. Mailman (list manager for this > >
> list) however cuts of messages at that point (due to a
> conceptional >bug IMHO).

You may be correct as the only time I've fallen victim to this, that I
can remember, was due to mailing list servers or while loading
directly via telnet to a normal mail server's smtp port.  I think it
happened here once or twice to a few folk.  As a test....

If this is the last sentence in this message it works on this server
and may be something the OP wants to use if it's really a concern.