Package dependencies

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Tue Aug 17 17:40:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:34:59 -0700 (PDT), J G wrote:

> I am trying to install some packages but it is giving me an error saying I need a package, krb5, first before installing forward.
>
> what command should I use to skip this?

What program do you use to install packages? redhat-config-packages?
What is the exact error message?

There's a missing feature in the redhat-config-packages program in that
its dependency resolver doesn't know about errata/update packages.
Whenever it complains that it cannot find a -devel package, e.g.
"krb5-devel", you need to install that one manually with up2date or yum
before you can use redhat-config-packages for bigger tasks.