Package dependencies

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Tue Aug 17 17:44:06 UTC 2004

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 10:34:59AM -0700, J G wrote:
> I am trying to install some packages but it is giving me an error
> saying I need a package, krb5, first before installing forward.
>
> what command should I use to skip this?

The first thing you should ask yourself is why you want to skip this.
What makes you think you know more than the package builder as to what
is required for the package to run?

I keep hearing over and over again from people who have used options to
bypass dependency checking and shot themselves in the feet.  Some users
have gone to the extreme and made their systems so badly off that they
needed a fresh install.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA