[RH List] RE: Separate shell and www servers...

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Aug 17 19:17:31 UTC 2004

Ed Wilts wrote:

>The automounter might really help you here.  As the user logs in, the
>home area will be automatically mounted (or subdirectories, one per
>site perhaps).  The user can make all the changes, then the mount will
>be automatically dismounted a minute or two later.

    How would that work though?  I'd still have to manually create the
folder on the remote www server, don't I?  And permissions?  I haven't
(ever) looked into using the automounter, so I have no clue how that all
ties into one another.  I was trying to figure out something with NIS
and NFS, but at the moment I'm also trying to get a large backup server
online.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.