Binding to a different NIS Server

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Wed Aug 18 14:59:28 UTC 2004

I am having an issue with one of my Redhat machines as it is binding to the
Slave NIS server and i need it to bind to the Master. I have tried doing a
ypset but it will not change over .  I currently have a issue with my Unix
Slave NIS server which is why i need to change it to the master to get the
users up and running properly again. I have got 15 other Redhat machines
and they are all fine because they are bound to the Master. Has anyone got
any  ideas on what i could try next , any help  would be much appreciated.

Regards

Andrew Bridgeman
IT Systems Engineer
Corus Automotive
IARC Building
University of Warwick
Coventry
CV47AL
Tel: +44 (0)2476 241262

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Plc nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.