Quick Fedora 2 questions

Jeff Lacki jeep at rahul.net
Wed Aug 18 20:12:03 UTC 2004

I havent been around for a while while all the RH 9 to Fedora
questions have been asked/solved etc.

Just a couple quick questions:

1. I downloaded the Fedora 2 core from redhat.com, I was under the
   impression it was free and worked with up2date seamlessly, however
   it seems they are asking me for a registration number for Fedora
   when I ran rhn_register....Is it free or isnt it?  If free, where
   do I obtain a product reg number?

2.  If Fedora isnt free (when I say free, I mean WITH up2date support),
    what do people recommend I go to as far as Linux distros go that
    are free and have free support?

3.  How much is Fedora 2 to purchase with a 1 yr license or whatever?

4.  Im considering Solaris 10 for x86, but I have no clue on how solaris
    does updates these days...any comments?

Thanks
Jeff