Switching SMTP "on"

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Tue Aug 24 12:24:35 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 24 August 2004 07:43, kenwardc wrote:
> Hi Reuben and thanks for coming back to me.
>
> Easy for experts to say "look at the documentation" but not always
> easy for the newbie to know what to look for or even where to look.

That's why I usually try to point people to the documentations than just give
the answer, so next time they know where to start looking. Plus, I usually
point it to rather specific place, not something too vague or broad.

Some people spent their effort writing (nice) documentations. It's nice and
better to use them rather repeating the explanation here.

> guess you'll remember being in the same boat when you started...

I do, and I appreciate more when people give me hints / points to
documentation, and explains stuffs to me when I still didn't get it, rather
than just give answer in a form 1. do this, 2. do that, etc and me not
knowing what all those means.

BTW, I am not expert at all. I've just been around for a while :)

If the docs don't help, then let us know.

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Dept. Physics and Astronomy