Switching SMTP "on"

Steve Cowles steve at stevecowles.com
Wed Aug 25 12:14:40 UTC 2004

kenwardc wrote:

> Hi Ed
>
> OK - things have moved on a bit since then and mostly everything now
> appears to be working fine. I'm left with only one issue now, and
> that's related (I think) to the fact that even with RedHat 3 EL the
> POSTFIX application doesn't appear to be compiled for MYSQL support.
> Not sure how to either find out for sure, or compile it to be so, but
> I'm working on it! Any help in either of these directions would be
> appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Chris

I have always downloaded the postfix RPM source package maintained by
Simon Mudd and compiled in the options I need using rpmbuild. I
especially like the PCRE option. There are also RPM binaries available,
but I don't know if they are compiled with mysql support.

The rpm packages (source or binary) can be found at:
http://postfix.wl0.org/en/available-packages

Instructions on how to build from rpms are at:
http://postfix.wl0.org/en/building-rpms

Steve Cowles