Postfix error

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Fri Aug 27 13:28:47 UTC 2004

Well, I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that you've got, in
your /etc/postfix/main.cf, a line which reads:

"mailbox_command = /var/www/hivemail_process.php"

Since I know nothing of this hivemail_process.php file, what it's supposed
to do, or why it's being called as a delivery agent, I'm not sure I can
help you get it working.

However, Postfix does have its own, internal local delivery agent, or most
systems use procmail as the delivery agent.

Changing the "mailbox_command" line to /usr/bin/procmail, instead of
/var/www/hivemail_process.php, will probably solve the immediate problem,
which appears to be not being able to deliver mail.  Excluding that, I'd
refer you to whomever wrote that php script, and would have you ask if
that's actually supposed to be called by postfix, or if it's supposed to
be a web based program.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit