second Ethernet port won't work until reboot????

bbaa aaa mccrh at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 28 13:25:14 UTC 2004

We have DELL 2650 server and this server come with two Ethernet ports (eth0
and eth1).   Redhat AS 2.1 is installed on it.  After three months first
Ethernet port setup, I connect cable to second Ethernet port.  I use "neat"
to do the configuration, But communication does NOT work.  I also tried
"ifup", "ifdown" and "networt service start".  it make NO difference.  I
need reboot server to make it work.

does anyone know why?

Thanks.