How to get the /proc/parport????

Rino Mardo joroxx at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 09:07:33 UTC 2004

you would need to compile in kernel support for parport if you can't
see it in /proc if i remember it right. too bad this new linuxes (FC3,
mandrake 10) made me lazy now and never had problems with any of my
hardwares.

hth.

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 00:46:41 -0800 (PST), myothello myothello
<myothello2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, I am new to Linux.  Had installed a RedHat Linux
> 7.3 from the CD.  I need to set up the parallel port
> for communication to another DOS PC.  Saw a HowTo
> guide on PLIP and it mentioned .../proc/parport/....
> But there is no such path.  Had tried the insmod and
> still can't get it work.  Did I miss some step when I
> first install the Linux OS?  Should I install
> something like kernel or core rpm files?????  Thanks.

"Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the
richest people in America.  If I'm not there, I go to work"
	-- Robert Orben